Sleep Apnea in Aventura | Hidden Dangers of Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea is a serious sleep disorder. It occurs when your breathing is interrupted during sleep. If you have sleep apnea, your breathing could stop repeatedly during your sleep, sometimes even hundreds of times. This may cause your brain, and the rest of your body, to not get the adequate amount of oxygen it needs. A lack of sleep caused by sleep apnea will definitely make you tired, but just one week with this condition can lead to some serious health risks. Keep reading to learn about a few of the many dangers of sleep apnea in Aventura!
5 Dangers of Sleep Apnea in Aventura
- Lack of sleep amplifies the brain’s anticipatory reactions and causes higher levels of overall anxiety.
- Higher risk of restricting blood flow to the brain, which can increase the odds of having a stroke.
- Higher levels of depression due to a decrease in neurotransmitters, which regulates your mood.
- Impaired memory and the ability to think and process information.
- Unhealthy cravings that make you feel hungry and can cause weight gain.
Sleep apnea is dangerous. If you are living with sleep apnea, or think that you might be, it’s important to seek treatment as soon as possible. Contact us to get treated for sleep apnea in Aventura today. Here at Oral Facial Reconstruction & Implant Center, our experienced and qualified oral surgeons offer the highest level of treatment to any patient who is suffering from sleep apnea in Aventura. Schedule your appointment with Oral Facial Reconstruction & Implant Center today!