Wisdom Tooth Extraction Recovery
Make sure you’re getting adequate time for recovery when you have your wisdom teeth in Plantation removed. You won’t be able to go to work immediately because you’ll need to limit your activities to guarantee proper recovery.
Luckily, wisdom teeth extraction only takes a few days to recover from. If you observe your oral surgeon’s aftercare instructions, you’ll be able to return to work in no time.
What to Expect
A Normal Life in a Few Days
Most clients can return to their normal lives after a few days. More so, every patient is different, but most can return to work after two or three days of having their wisdom teeth removed.
The nature of your activity, though, makes a difference. If your profession requires a lot of physical activity, your dental professional may advise you to take extra time off. Likewise, doing physically demanding work after wisdom tooth removal can result in unpleasant problems.
Additional Healing Time May Be Advised
Simple wisdom tooth extraction techniques usually result in a quicker recovery time. On the contrary, complex extractions may take longer to heal.
Also, bear in mind that infection is always a possibility, even if your wisdom teeth extraction surgery is simple and straightforward. If this occurs, additional time away from work may be required to resolve the issue and for you to recuperate entirely.
Tips for Speedy Recovery
You don’t have to waste all of your vacation or sick days recovering after a wisdom tooth extraction. Your oral surgeon would most likely advise you to do the following to lower your risk of complications:
- Don’t smoke and consume any alcohol, as both are known to slow down the process of healing.
- Don’t spit or swish your beverages. Instead, drink them directly from a cup without using a straw.
- For a couple of days, only consume soft meals, purees, or liquids – nothing sticky, chewy, or crunchy until you’re totally recovered.
- Brushing and flossing near the extraction area should be avoided.
- Apply cold packs first to relieve pain and swelling, then warm packs after 48 hours.
Ready to Remove Your Wisdom Teeth in Plantation?
At Oral Facial Reconstruction, we have a lot of expertise with both basic and sophisticated wisdom tooth extractions. Our oral surgeons will take exceptional care of you. Contact us today!