Tooth Extractions Plantation | How to Handle Discomfort After a Tooth Extraction
Although you’re not going to feel anything while your tooth is being pulled out, after the procedure, once the anesthesia wears off, there will be some pain and discomfort. You must know how the necessary post tooth extractions Plantation aftercare to reduce discomfort, minimize the risk of infection, and to recover quickly. Here are some easy tips on how to handle discomfort after tooth extraction:
- It’s important that you gently bite on a gauze but firmly to reduce bleeding and allow the blood to clot in the socket. Keep in mind to leave the gauze in place for three to four hours after your tooth extraction, but also be mindful about changing them before they’re soaked with blood.
- Take time to recuperate from the extraction for at least 24 hours and do away from any laborious tasks for at least 2 days.
Control the Pain
- It’s normal to feel a level of pain after tooth extractions Plantation, but you can take OTC pain relievers to help ease the pain and discomfort.
Avoid Getting a Dry Socket
Dry socket is when the blood clot in your tooth socket gets dislodged. This can become very painful and uncomfortable. Avoid doing the following to avoid getting a dry socket:
- Avoid rinsing or spitting vigorously for the next 24 hours after the extraction.
- It’s important that you gently rinse with a warm saltwater solution after 24 hours.
- Avoid drinking from a straw within 24 hours after the extraction.
- Eat soft foods until your extraction site heals.
Practice Good Oral Hygiene
- Good oral hygiene is very important to prevent infection. Continue to brush and floss but be sure to keep away from the extraction site.
Where to Have Your Tooth Extractions Plantation?
Follow these tips to help you ease the pain, reduce the risk of infection, and heal quickly from your tooth extractions Plantation. At Oral Facial Reconstruction, our experienced dentists and oral surgeons will make sure that your tooth extraction experience is pleasant and a success. Contact us for inquiries!