Pembroke Pines Dental Implants | What to Expect on the Day of Surgery
Pembroke Pines dental implants are the second-best thing to natural teeth! They look good and feel natural. Plus, they’re biocompatible, which allows them to merge with your jawbones for a permanent solution to your tooth loss. If you’re wondering what it’s like to go through the procedure, then read on to know what to expect on the day of surgery. Before your surgery, your oral surgeon will administer local anesthesia to you.
- Once your entire mouth is numb, a slit is made in your gums to expose the bone underneath where the implant will be placed.
- Then, a medical drill will be used to make space for the Pembroke Pines dental implants in the bone.
- The implant is then anchored securely in the bone using the same drill. After the implant is secured in the bone, a second piece is screwed into the implant where it will remain until the healing process is over.
- After placing the second piece, your gums will be sutured over the implant.
- As you heal over the next few months, your implant becomes securely anchored to the bone.
- The second stage begins with the re-exposure of the implant. This is done through a small incision in your gums to show the implants. But if your oral surgeon placed a separate component on your implant that sits on top of your gums, then no incision is necessary.
- Then, an impression of your implants will be taken to fit your new implant crown.
- After a series of appointments of taking impressions of your mouth to make sure that they align with the rest of your teeth and that they fit snuggly, your new implant crowns will then be ready.
- The final step is the placement of your new crown.
Looking for Pembroke Pines Dental Implants?
The entire process may take months, but the results are surely worth it! Get your Pembroke Pines dental implants at Oral Facial Reconstruction. We offer a wide range of oral and dental solutions to help you achieve a healthy and beautiful smile. Call us for inquiries!