Orthognathic Surgery Miami Beach | Things You Need to Know About Orthognathic Surgery
If you’re suffering from uneven jaw growth, TMJ disorder, sleep apnea, or malocclusions that are linked to skeletal misalignments, then orthognathic surgery Miami Beach is a solution you should consider. Aside from correcting the conditions of your jaw, it can also drastically improve your appearance! In this article, we will discuss to you everything important you need to know about orthognathic surgery.
What is Orthognathic Surgery?
Orthognathic surgery Miami Beach or corrective jaw surgery is a surgery design to rectify jaw abnormalities resulting from skeletal growth and development problems.
Who Should Undergo Orthognathic Surgery?
This procedure is for anyone who is suffering from the following
- Malocclusions that cannot be treated with orthodontics alone.
- Lower jaw problems like underdeveloped jaw or overdeveloped lower jaw which can cause difficulty in eating, breathing, biting, and can affect your facial appearance.
- Upper jaw problems like underdeveloped upper jaw and overgrown upper jaw which can cause your teeth to look receded or a gummy smile.
- Uneven jaws that can affect your facial symmetry, making your face appear to be off-center and leaning on one side.
What Causes Jaw Problems or Abnormalities?
Jaw problems or abnormalities can be caused by congenital defects, jaw injury, or late growth spurt.
When Does Orthognathic Surgery Become Necessary?
Orthognathic surgery becomes necessary if you’re experiencing the following:
- Difficulty chewing, biting and eating.
- Difficulty breathing.
- Worn-down teeth because of misalignment.
And if none of the conservative methods of treatment work on you.
What Can Orthognathic Surgery Do For Me?
Aside from restoring the functions of your mouth and improving your overall facial appearance, undergoing orthognathic surgery can help get rid of pain, discomfort, and swelling that are caused by misalignment and jaw abnormalities.
Where to Undergo Orthognathic Surgery Miami Beach?
Undergoing an orthognathic surgery Miami Beach might just be the solution you’re looking for. At Oral Facial Reconstruction, our team of experienced oral surgeons will make sure that your surgery is a success and a pleasant experience. Contact us for inquiries or visit our website to know more!