Oral Surgeon in Miami Beach | How to Recover from Wisdom Tooth Extraction
If your oral surgeon in Miami Beach recommends removing your wisdom teeth, don’t panic. Wisdom tooth extraction is one of the most routine oral surgeries. Not to mention, wisdom tooth extraction is one of the best things you can do for the health of your mouth. Leaving in your wisdom teeth can often lead to infection, decay, disease, pain, crowding, and facial swelling. Despite being a relatively simple procedure, it’s essential to follow all aftercare instructions given by your oral surgeon in Miami Beach in order to properly heal and prevent any complications. Keep reading for a few tips to guarantee a quick and speedy recovery from wisdom tooth extraction!
Wisdom Tooth Removal Recovery Tips
- Be careful to not bite your lips, tongue, or the inside of your cheeks while your mouth is numb immediately after surgery.
- Use pillows to prop your head up because lying flat may prolong bleeding.
- Make sure to relax and avoid physical activities.
- Stick to a liquid or soft food diet, gradually adding easy-to-chew foods.
- Periodically bite gently on a gauze pad and change pads as soon as they become soaked in blood.
- Continue to brush your teeth and tongue, but do so very carefully.
Want More Tips from Our Oral Surgeon in Miami Beach?
For even more wisdom tooth extraction tips, contact our oral surgeon in Miami Beach. Our dental team at Oral Facial Reconstruction and Implant Center are highly experienced and skill in all facets of oral and maxillofacial surgery, including wisdom teeth removal. Contact our Miami Beach location today!