Can Oral Cancer Be Avoided?
When oral cancer is detected early, treatment is likely to be effective through oral pathology in Coral Springs, FL. Oral cancer can be cured if it’s caught at an early stage. However, by making wise choices, you may reduce your chance of contracting the condition in the first place.
Risk Factors and Prevention of Oral Cancer
Habits That Put You At Risk For Oral Cancer
Just like cavities, oropharyngeal cancer is more likely to be diagnosed in those who follow specific lifestyle habits. The illness is more prevalent in those who:
- Have an excessive amount of UV rays from the sun
- Unhealthy diet
- Tobacco usage (smoking, chewing, etc.)
- Consume a lot of alcohol regularly
Daily use of sunscreen, a balanced diet, avoiding cigarettes, and limiting alcoholic drinks may not wholly prevent oral cancer, but making these choices can significantly lower the risk.
Habits that Aid in the Prevention of Oral Cancer
Although there is no known solution to avoid the development of oral cavity cancer, research has indicated that some behaviors can help. Experts propose the following steps to decrease the risk and increase the chances of early detection:
- Brushing twice a day, flossing once a day, and scheduling frequent dental exams are all examples of excellent dental hygiene
- Maintaining a healthy weight and establishing a regular workout regimen
- Conducting self-examinations regularly to search for anomalies in the oral tissues
It’s also a good idea to schedule professional oral cancer tests frequently. Early warning symptoms of cancer growth may be noticed by a specialist in diagnosing and treating the mouth, face, and neck, and catching the disease early enhances the chances of effective treatment.
Get More Information About Oral Pathology in Coral Springs, FL
If you have never had a professional screening or it has been a long time since your previous test, we suggest you make an appointment with Oral Facial Reconstruction. Contact us today!